September 11th 2021 marks the 20th anniversary of the tragic 9/11 plane crash attacks. We’ve compiled 20 quotes and images, remembering those who lost their lives during the horrific event.
Almost 3,000 people were killed.
2021 marks 20th anniversary of 9/11
The 9/11 attacks happened on September 11th 2001, making 2021 the 20th anniversary of the tragic event.
A total of 2,996 people were reportedly killed in the 9/11 attacks, including the 19 terrorist hijackers aboard the four airplanes.
Twenty quotes and images to mark 20th anniversary
- “Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11.” — Obama
- “The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified. We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, economic and religious freedom, the rule of law and respect for human life. We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom.” — Rudolph Giuliani
- “It was the worst day we have ever seen, but it brought out the best in all of us.” — John Kerry
- “What separates us from the animals, what separates us from the chaos, is our ability to mourn people we’ve never met.” — David Levithan
- “We didn’t crumble after 9/11. We didn’t falter after the Boston Marathon. But we’re America. Americans will never, ever stand down. We endure. We overcome. We own the finish line.” — Joe Biden
- “When Americans lend a hand to one another, nothing is impossible. We’re not about what happened on 9/11. We’re about what happened on 9/12.” —Jeff Parness
- “If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.” —Sandy Dahl
- “Ten years have passed since a perfect blue sky morning turned into the blackest of nights. Since then we’ve lived in sunshine and in shadow, and although we can never unsee what happened here, we can also see that children who lost their parents have grown into young adults, grandchildren have been born and good works and public service have taken root to honor those we loved and lost.” – Michael Bloomberg
- “On this day… 19 years (September 10th) ago, 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift. None of them saw past 10:00 am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.” – Unknown
In other news, What does the monkey emoji mean and racism explained