You must have heard about the IP (Internet Protocol) address, every single computer on this planet has its unique IP address, which is used to connect your computer to the internet to communicate with it and other devices.
An IP address can be called the id proof of your computer which gives identification to it on the vast network.
When your system’s ethernet connection is unable to get a valid IP address from the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) this error, ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration occurs.
This can happen because of many issues, fault in your Network Interface Card (NIC) is one of them.
How to resolve the ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error?
Try these methods to resolve the issue:
Method One: Reboot your System after turning off fast startup
- Use the shortcut key, Windows + R to open the Run box. Read More: Fix ‘Problem Resetting Your PC’ Issue Forever 
- Click OK after putting the control panel in the run box.
- Select the Power Options from the next window.
- In the left panel, you will see Choose what the power button does, click on it.
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Deselect the option Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Now, click on Save changes and Reboot your system.
Method Two: Examine your network adaptor settings
Whenever you connect to a router it systematically recommends your device an IP address. Though it a default feature, you can bend the settings a little bit to assign your system a stagnant IP address.
- Use the shortcut key, Windows + R to open the Run box.
- Click OK after putting ncpa.cpl in the Run box.
- Now, in the Network Connection Window, right-click on the Ethernet adapter settings.
- Select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option in the Ethernet Properties box.
- Now, the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties box will open, enable
- Obtain an IP address automatically.
- Obtain DNS server address automatically.
Even after doing all this work, you can’t connect to the internet, what you can do is, set the IP address and DNS by yourself. Follow the lead:
- Repeat the previous five steps, and when the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties box will open select Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses.
- In Use the following IP address, fill:
- IP address: 192. 168. 1. 15
- Subnet mask: 255. 255. 255. 0
- Default gateway: 192. 168. 1. 1
- In Use the following DNS server addresses, fill:
- Preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- Alternate DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Now you have to save the changes, to do so click on OK.
Method Three: Use Command Prompt to reset TCP/IP
- To open the search box use the shortcut Win + S
- Now, search for Command Prompt.
- Click on the command prompt to open it, it is better to run it as administrator.
- Now, type netsh Winsock and reset netsh int IP reset, and press Enter after writing each command to execute them.
- After running the first command successfully, you will be asked to restart your system, for now, ignore it and execute the second command.
- Once you have executed both the commands successfully, restart your system.
- Now, go and check if the error still occurs.
Method Four: Clear your Network cache
- Follow the first three steps from the previous method to open the Command Prompt.
- Once the Command Prompt is opened, type these commands in it:
- Once the commands are executed, restart your computer.
Method Five: Reinstall or Update your Network Adapter Driver
The last method which I have is this one, and I hope if the previous methods don’t work for you this one may.
- To open the search box use the shortcut Win + S
- Type Device Manager in the search bar or Press Windows + R key to open the Run box and type hdwwiz.cpl to open the Device Manager Window.
- Go down, you will see Network Adapters, you have to expand it in order to find the network driver.
- Once you found the network driver, right click on and click on uninstall device option.
- In the next pop-up menu, Tick Delete the driver software for this device and then click on Uninstall.
Now, on the place of uninstalling the driver you can update it, to do so:
- Follow the first three steps mentioned above, in the fourth step instead of selecting uninstall the device, select the update device option.
- Now, a new pop-up window will open there you will find two options: Search automatically for updated driver software and Browse my computer for driver software.
If you select the first option, the software will search your computer and internet for the latest version of the driver. If you select the second option you have to select the driver software by yourself. In both cases, you have to arrange the driver from the software, as you are not been able to connect to the internet.
There are many other troubleshooting methods present on the internet to resolve this Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error, but these methods are the most precise ones.
If these methods didn’t work for you can surf the internet in order to find the one which works for you, and when you find one, don’t forget to share that method with us.
If reading this article added some value to your life and worth your time, don’t forget to show your love in the comment section.
And for more articles like this keep visiting our page Mangumstarnews.net