Apple Watch Series 6: Blood oxygen tracking, a speedier CPU, and a new 2.5x brighter always-on display are among the most significant enhancements to the Apple Watch Series 6. PRODUCT(RED), blue, and graphite are among the new colors. The Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop, two new Apple Watch bands, launched alongside the Apple Watch 6.
The screen on a small fraction of 40mm Apple Watch Series 6 devices may go blank permanently, according to Apple. Between April 2021 and September 2021, affected devices were produced.
Please use the serial number checker below to determine if your Apple Watch Series 6 is eligible for this program if it has experienced this issue. If this is the case, Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will provide free service.
If your Apple Watch Series 6 is listed as repairable on Apple’s website, you should take it to an Apple Store or AASP. The user will not be charged for the repair unless additional Apple Watch components are broken in addition to the display.
In September 2020, Apple will unveil the Apple Watch Series 6 at its “Time Flies” event. Apple Watch has improved in terms of appearance and software, but the firm has pushed it even further with new health features and more color and band options.
- Blood oxygen sensor
- S6 chip
- Titanium, stainless steel, aluminum
- Always-on display
- Find great Apple Watch deals
- Discounted prices start at $359
The Apple Watch Series 6 comes in two sizes: 40mm and 44mm, with case materials of aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium. They range in price from $399 to $1,499 and come with a variety of watch bands and color combinations.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch Series 7
The Apple Watch has developed since its first release to find its primary use case. It began as a fashion/social device with some fitness capabilities, but it has since evolved into a strong fitness and health device.
As a separate gadget, the Apple Watch Series 6 moves further away from the iPhone’s shadow. With the latest features and watchOS 7, this is the most self-contained Watch yet.
For $399, the Apple Watch Series 7 delivers a variety of upgrades and improvements over the Series 6 from 2020, including a larger display with larger case sizes, faster charging, and the S7 chip.
Although Apple has discontinued the Apple Watch Series 6, it is still available through several third-party dealers. If you already own an Apple Watch Series 6, you might be thinking of upgrading to the Series 7 is worthwhile. You might also have an older Apple Watch and want to update but aren’t sure whether to get the Series 6 or the Series 7. If you’re searching for your first Apple Watch, you might be thinking if it’s preferable to go with the less expensive Series 6.
It may not be immediately evident which model is better for you because these two devices have many critical functions, including ECG capabilities, blood oxygen monitoring, and an always-on display. Is it better to buy the newer model with fewer features or save money by remaining with the older model with fewer features? Our guide will assist you in determining which of these two Apple Watch models is the best fit for you.
The Apple Watch Series 6 and Series 7 share the majority of their key features despite just being flagship smartwatches for a year. Apple lists the following similarities between the two models:
- Ion-X glass or sapphire crystal variants are available in aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium.
- With haptic stimulation, it’s a digital crown.
- Always-on Retina LTPO OLED display with a maximum brightness of 1,000 nits
- Water-resistance that is “swim-proof” as far as 50 meters
- W3 wireless chip, 64-bit dual-core processor, and U1 Ultra Wideband chip
- Apple Watch Series 3 has a speaker that is 50% louder.
- Microphone built-in
- Sensor for measuring blood oxygen levels
- ECG electrical heart sensor
- High and low heart rate notifications, as well as abnormal heart rhythm notifications, are all features of the third-generation optical heart sensor.
- Sensor for ambient light
- Fall detection with accelerometer and gyroscope
- Always-on altimeter and compass
- GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and Beidou GPS and GPS + Cellular variants are available.
- Bluetooth 5.0 Family and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Setup assistance
- “All-day” battery life of 18 hours
- 32 GB of storage space
- Finishes include Graphite, Silver, and Gold stainless steel, Silver and Space Black titanium, and Blue and
- PRODUCT(RED) aluminum.
- According to Apple’s breakdown, the two models share the vast majority of functionality. Even so, there are a few key distinctions between Series 6 and Series 7, such as case sizes, quick charging, and color variations, that are worth mentioning.
Apple Watch Series 6 is the sixth generation of the Apple Watch.
- Case sizes for Apple Watch Series 6 are 40mm and 44mm.
- 3.0mm margins
- S6 microprocessor
- In about 1.5 hours, you may charge up to 100%.
- Aluminum color possibilities include Space Gray, Silver, Gold, Blue, and (PRODUCT)RED.
- Aluminum: 30.5g/36.4g, Stainless Steel: 39.7g/47.1g, and 34.6g/41.3g (Titanium)
- Magnetic USB-C Charging Cable, 1 m
Apple Watch Series 7 is the seventh generation of the Apple Watch.
- Case sizes are 41mm and 45mm.
- 1.7mm margins provide about 20% more screen space than Series 6.
- When the wrist is down, the display is up to 70% brighter than the Series 6 indoors.
- The front crystal is crack-resistant and has an IP6X dust resistance rating.
- S7 processor
- Charging quickly: In around 45 minutes, you can get up to 80% charge (33 percent faster than Series 6)
- Aluminum color possibilities include Midnight, Starlight, Green, Blue, and (PRODUCT)RED.
- Aluminum weighs 32.0g/38.8g, stainless steel weighs 42.3g/51.5g, and steel weighs 37.0g/45.1g (Titanium)
- Magnetic USB-C Fast Charging Cable, 1 m
Users who already own an Apple Watch Series 6 may not find the Series 7 to be compelling enough to justify upgrading unless they require a larger display, faster charging, or more durability. Many Series 6 owners may choose to wait a little longer to upgrade because the design modifications and new features are iterative rather than transformative, and there are no new big capabilities.
The Apple Watch Series 7 will be the model of choice for individuals who want the most out of their wearable, thanks to its bigger display and polished appearance. Customers who purchase Apple’s newest flagship Apple Watch, the Series 7, will have access to everything the Apple Watch has to offer.